Six Lemon World is an international residence for students older than 15, and it is found on the same campus as Hamelin-Laie International School.
We offer accommodation for secondary and baccalaureate students of Hamelin-Laie International School, along with students from other schools and universities in the surrounding area. However, the students from Hamelin-Laie always have priority.
The IB Diploma Programme is a rigorous and balanced educational course which is directed at students between 16 and 19 years of age. The final exams are excellent preparation for university and adult life, and are aimed at broadening the intellectual, social, emotional and physical wellbeing of the students, and counts on the recognition and respect of prestigious universities all around the world.
The International Baccalaureate programme consists of six knowledge areas. It´s obligatory to choose one subject from each of those areas, thereby guaranteeing a broad learning path, the mastery of their best language, and also of an additional one.
There are two levels of subjects available: Higher, or Ordinary Level. This is decided by the number of hours spent in class each week. Every student chooses their level, which should correspond to the university degree that they plan to study.
The IB programme prepares students to take part effectively in an ever more globalized and quickly evolving society by the following means:
- Physical, intellectual, emotional and ethical development
- Broadening and deepening of their knowledge and understanding, taking subjects from six groups
- Developing the skills and positive attitude towards learning which will prepare them for Higher Education
- Learning at least two languages, and increasing their understanding if cultures, including their own
- Establishing connections between the traditional academic disciplines and exploring the nature of knowledge through a course called Theory of Knowledge, which is exclusive to the IB Programme.
- Carrying out exhaustive research on an area of interest from the perspective of one or more of the academic disciplines for the Dissertation
- Strengthening of personal and interpersonal development through Creativity, Action and Service
The International Baccalaureate´s objective is the formation of robust, informed young people with a thirst for learning, who are capable of contributing to a better, more peaceful society through mutual understanding and respect for other cultures.
In lieu of this objective, the Hamelin-Laie International School collaborates with academic, governmental and international establishments in order to create and develop demanding educational programmes, along with rigorous methods of evaluation.
These programmes inspire students all around the world to adopt an active attitude to learning throughout their lives, to be compassionate, and to understand that other people, with their differences, can also be in the right.
Don´t wait any longer. Offer a better future to your child, and to society.
Come stay with us and enjoy Barcelona!